Web Summit has become “Europe’s largest and most important technology marketplace”, a crossroads where over 50,000 of the world’s most disruptive technological innovators meet in one place.
On 7th- 10th November 2016, CEOs, cultural icons, key global leaders from the EU and national governments, startups, investors, leading academics and the world’s most iconic companies all gathered together in one single place: Lisbon.
With more than 20 stages and workshop areas, there were numerous talks and discussions to listen to, many involving key public EU figures such as:
- José Manuel Barroso (President of the EU from 2004-2014)
- Carlos Moedas (European Commissioner for Research, Science and Innovation, European Union)
- Ann Mettler (Head of European Political Strategy Centre, European Commission)
- Andrus Ansip (Vice-President, Digital Single Market, European Commission), and
- Marta Nagy-Rothengass (Head of Data Policy and Innovation Unit, DG CONNECT , European Commission